- Administrative and Public Law
- Anti-discrimination and Human Rights
- Class Actions and Representative Proceedings
- Common Law
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Corporations law
- Disciplinary Proceedings
- Employment and industrial law
- Equity and trusts
- Inquests and inquiries
- Media and Communications
- Mental Health and Guardianship
- Mining, energy and resources
- Product and professional liability
- Work health and safety
Courtney accepts briefs in a broad range of practice areas across civil, commercial, regulatory and public law matters.
Courtney regularly advises and appears in disputes involving administrative law, common law, consumer law, contracts, corporations law, employment and industrial law, professional liability, equity, insurance and regulatory matters. Courtney also regularly advises and appears in disciplinary proceedings, inquests, inquiries, including Royal Commissions, and matters before statutory tribunals. Courtney has particular expertise in health law.
Courtney was called to the Bar in 2021. Prior to being called to the Bar, Courtney was a senior lawyer in Gilbert + Tobin’s disputes and investigations team in Sydney. Courtney gained public law experience as a senior lawyer in the Solicitor for the Northern Territory’s litigation division, including on secondment to the Northern Territory Department of Health. Courtney commenced practice in Western Australia at the height of the mining boom where she worked as a litigator at Maxim Litigation Consultants, which later integrated with Lavan.
Courtney has extensive pro bono experience including with the Redfern Legal Centre, the Refugee Advice & Casework Service, the Top End Women’s Legal Service, and the Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia.
Degrees and Accreditations
- Master of Laws, Columbia University in the City of New York, 2015
- Bachelor of Laws, Murdoch University, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), Murdoch University, 2009
To enquire about briefing a member of 12 Wentworth Selborne, or for all other enquiries, please contact the Clerk