- Administrative and Public Law
- Banking and Finance
- Bankruptcy and insolvency
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Constitutional Law
- Corporations law
- Equity and trusts
- Product and professional liability
- Real Property and strata
- Regulatory proceedings
David commenced his professional career at PricewaterhouseCoopers in 1990 in the Taxation Services Group before moving to Mallesons Stephen Jaques (now King & Wood Mallesons) in 1995, working for Julie Ward (now Ward CJ in Eq) and Ashley Black (now Black J) in the Dispute Resolution Group.
From 2001 to 2003, David was a senior solicitor at Clifford Chance, London in the Corporate Group dealing mainly with mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and corporate advisory work. He returned to the Dispute Resolution Group at Mallesons in 2004, working directly for the Practice Team Leader in Sydney.
David commenced practice at the Bar in April 2009. His practice includes acting for listed public company clients, professional partnerships, corporations and individuals. He has advised and/or appeared in matters involving corporations law, securities class actions, insolvency, commercial law, equity, trusts, contract, trade practices, administrative law, competition law, real property, telecommunications and regulatory. He has also appeared for ASIC in enforcement proceedings, the Commonwealth in administrative law proceedings and for the State in competition law proceedings. He has appeared in a variety of forums including the High Court, Federal Court, the AAT, the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal and in Royal Commissions and public enquiries.
For further information including about selected cases in which David has acted please see his CV.
- BEc (Accounting and Commercial Law major), University of Sydney (1989)
- Diploma of Law, Solicitors Admission Board, NSW (1993)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law (1994)
- Commercial Law Association
- Australian Association of Constitutional Law
- Frances Forbes Society for Australian Legal History
- New South Wales Bar Association
To enquire about briefing a member of 12 Wentworth Selborne, or for all other enquiries, please contact the Clerk