- Banking and Finance
- Bankruptcy and insolvency
- Class Actions and Representative Proceedings
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Corporations law
- Equity and trusts
- Inquests and inquiries
- Regulatory proceedings
I practice predominantly in commercial litigation (including class actions) and civil regulatory investigations and proceedings (concerning the Corporations Act, ASIC Act and CCA).
My practice spans Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
I started my career at the NSW Crown Solicitor’s Office in the criminal law practice group, before spending about 10 years in commercial practice at the international law firm, Allen & Overy LLP.
My experience highlights include acting for:
- a global investment bank in a multi-party class action alleging cartel conduct in the FX market –  FCA 36;
- three company directors in a multi-party class action –  FCA 829;
- an executive director of a multi-national company in multi-party civil penalty proceedings brought by ASIC – (No 2)  FCA 184 and  FCA 1721;
- ASIC in civil penalty proceedings against Westpac Banking Corporation –  FCA 515;
- ASIC in civil penalty proceedings against Firstmac Limited – ASIC v Firstmac;
- both ASIC and persons the subject of investigation, in respect of various confidential ASIC investigations;
- the CDPP in a criminal cartel prosecution – CDPP v CFMMEU & Anor;
- a respondent to an application by ASIC for urgent interim travel restraints – ASIC v Nicholas & Anor; and
- Court appointed receivers resisting the setting aside of a bankruptcy notice.
Degrees and Accreditations
- BA/LLB (Hons) Macquarie University
To enquire about briefing a member of 12 Wentworth Selborne, or for all other enquiries, please contact the Clerk